WireCheck® is an extremely sensitive Time Domain Reflectometer designed specifically for detecting chafing and other soft faults in cables. With the ability to detect chafes at sub-inch accuracy to greater than 200 ft*, WireCheck® can simplify difficult troubleshooting tasks on aircraft and other systems where cable access is limited, and/or where faults are intermittent.
Simply connect the instrument leads to the wire-under-test and ground, and start a scan. Low-level 600mV pulses with extremely fast 50psec rise/fall times are injected into the cable at a rate of ten million per second. An 18GHz track-and-hold plus 200MHz 12-bit ADC act as a sampling scope to generate a trace of the reflections. Scans can be viewed in real-time or saved for post processing.
WireCheck® comes with common cable attachments. Included Matlab calibration functions dramatically increase sensitivity and dynamic range during post-processing.
Features and Benefits
- Chafe location with inch accuracy with coxial cables up to 200ft long.
- 18GHz track-and-hold
- >90dB of dynamic range
- Detects chafes in cables, as well as opens and shorts
- One-sided access
- Low (600mV) pulses safe for connected instruments, and in presence of fuel vapors
- Includes Matlab Scripts for Data Analysis
- Greater sensitivity to cable impedance variation than any ...
* Depends on type of cable, these results use RG-174 coax.
To request a quote please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the address below
Intelligent Automation Inc
15400 Calhoun Drive, Suite 190
Rockville, MD 20855
Fax: 301 294 5201